The Whale’s Tale is an exciting new young adult science fiction novel by Edwina Harvey. In a future where whales and dolphins can communicate with humans, and where the Whale Nation has brought space travel back from the brink of extinction, humpback whales tour the galaxy in massive spaceships called “The Whaling Fleet” performing Whalesong to receptive audiences. Uki is a teenage Japanese girl who steals a file from a whale to impress a guy in her gang, but she gets caught, and has to perform restitution to Targe, the humpback whale she’s stolen the file from, by touring the galaxy with Targe and his dolphin sidekick, Charlie. Uki doesn’t like Targe, Targe doesn’t like Uki, and Charlie thinks he’s in for the worst tour of his life until they discover Uki has a special talent.
For an excerpt from the book, go here.
“Wow! What a whale of a tale!” - Sheila Tracy
For a review of the book by June Young in New Zealand, go here.
For a review of the book by Jonathan Dean, go here.
Released November, 2009
RRP: $19.95 (paperback). Ebook available in ePub, Mobi, or PDF: $2.95.
You can purchase this book:
(a) Using the Paypal “Add to Cart” buttons below.
(b) Direct from the publisher via bank deposit or cheque for $19.95 (including free postage within Australia). Send your order and preferred payment method by E-mailing us here.
For paperback copies to be sent to addresses outside Australia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your address so we can calculate postage costs.
(c) or from the following booksellers:
- Blokey Stuff / Infinitas Bookshop, Civic Arcade, George St, Parramatta.http://www.infinitas.com.au/.
For a review of “The Whale’s Tale” seehttp://www.infinitas.com.au/ReviewList.php.
- Dymocks, Southland Shops, 3067/8 Westfield Shopping Centre. 1239 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham VIC.
- The University of NSW Bookshop, The Quadrangle Building, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2033 Ph. (02) 9385 6622 strong>http://www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au
- Gawler Books, 7 Main North Rd ,Willaston SA 5118 Ph. (08) 8522 5151
- Gleebooks Childrens’ & Secondhand Books191 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe Ph 02 9552 2526 http://www.gleebooks.com.au/
- Fantastic Planet, Shop 8/ 397 Murray St Perth WA 6000 Ph. (08) 9481 8393.http://www.fantasticplanet.net.au/.
- Lilitu’s Books & Music, Ginninderra Village, O’Hanlon Place, Nicholls, ACT 2913. Ph. (02)62302272 http://www.lilitu.com.au
- Gleebooks Blackheath Shop 1, Colliers Arcade, 19 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath NSW 2785. Ph (02)4787 6340.
- Emma’s at Oxford 53 Main St, Oxford, North Canterbury, New Zealand.www.emmasatoxford.com
Click here to read an excerpt from The Whale’s Tale.
Click here to learn about Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine.
Edwina Harvey is a self-confessed “whale and dolphin geek” who has been writing, especially science fiction, for most of her life. The Whale’s Tale evolved from her short story, Restitution
, which was placed equal third in the 1997 Mary Grant Bruce awards for children’s literature.
Click here to read more about Edwina Harvey
Edwina’s other work has been short listed in the George Turner Prize, the Emma Darcy Awards, and has been published in a variety of anthologies and magazines as diverse as Aurealis, Thrillogies and Grass Roots. She also edits for Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine
Edwina has blogged at Wired 4 Teens. You can read more about The Whale’s Tale athttp://teens.mosmanlibraryblogs.com/article/263/edwina-harvey-guest-blogs-on-the-whale-s-tale.
Click here to go to Wired 4 Teens.